Fuji san ni nobore
for player piano
This is a population of isogenetic algoritmic compositions written for the player piano. The duration of each individual version is always between 4'20" and 5'30". Each individual is different and may very well have no notes in common with any other individual version. Changing the tempo will not affect the duration of any piece, the duration being a genetic property of the algorithm. Yet they share a common 'genetic' material and thus should be regarded a same piece.
Midi files for player pianos can be requested from the author.
In the background you may be listening to isogene nr. 20 of Fuji san ni nobore. This specific version was written is answer to a request of pianist Daan Vandewalle.
A MP3 encoded recording of the player piano version can be listened at by clicking this link:
Premiere: 02.08.2001 - Logos Tetrahedron.
- 28.10.2002 - Lille, Hopital, France
- 02.11.2002 - Krakow, Audio Art Festival, Poland
- 24.01.2004 - Lille, Aeroneff, France
- 05.02.2004 - Madrid, Circulo de bellas Artes, Spain
- 17.03.2005 - Leuven, Stuk, De Nieuwe Reeks.
- 14.12.2005 - Denia, Spain.
- 21.10.2012 - Bijloke Concerts, Miryzaal Gent
|Back to Godfried-Willem Raes homepage||Back to catalogue of compositions by Godfried-Willem Raes||Back to the logos website|